Thursday, October 23, 2008

{contest}

I entered this picture into a contest on one of my flickr groups. The contest was about your personal style and how you would describe that style in five words or less. My style description was part of my actual tag line....capturing the poerty of life...

Three winners were chosen and great prizes given away. I, of course, did not win, but I didn't expect to either. There were some pretty incredible entries. I didn't fare too bad though as I got two compliments and my picture was favorited twice! Meaning, two people thought my picture was good enough to put on their favorite pics list. I am so inspired by all the great photographers out there and it gives me the motivation I need to keep practicing and really find my unique style, a style that best fits my tag...because capturing the poetry of life is what I like to do.

4 comments:

Jessica Kettle said...

melissa, this picture is gorgeous. it should have won! =)

Dana said...

I agree that it is a great picture. I'd love to see the one that won. I wish I had the time to really get into photography. Did you take photography classes ever? I'd LOVE to but it seems like my life is so boy centered right now....

Liza said...

I think it's an awesome picture! I love the little fingers :D

Bella Luce Photography said...

I was just thinking how cool this photo was before I read what was below. I think it is worthy of winning even though it did not..


About Me

Mother to five beautiful children and wife to one incredible husband. I absolutely LOVE photography, my family and my Lord.