Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Well, I am still learning alot about my old camera and it's settings, but it can be very frustrating at times. Like when you want to take your own family photo for Christmas cards which includes trying to get 7 people to look forward and smile without blinking or making silly faces. Not to mention trying to get the right settings on the camera in a low light setting and then having to use flash while trying to not over expose our faces or cause a glare from Jack's glasses. All the while running back and forth from the tripod to where I am supposed to sit after pressing the timer being careful to not knock over the camera in the process of getting into position after quickly making sure everyone is looking ahead and not at me and then brushing my hair out of my eyes before the camera "clicks". WOW, that is a challenge.
So....here are a few tries and the last one is the one we ended up going with even though Dan was alittle off to the side atleast we are ALL looking ahead, smiling and there is no glare from Jack's glasses. I only realized after I ordered the Christmas cards that I'd forgotten to change back into my red shirt I had picked out especially for the picture. Oh well, you can't have everything perfect.
These first two shots are SOOC, but the last one was sharpened over PW's fresh and colorful action.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- I love the way books smell. I could literally stand in a bookstore and fan the pages before my nose and be in heaven.
- I also love the way glossy book pages feel. I tend to rub the pages between my fingers while I'm reading.
- I'm somewhat of a fast reader
- I like fiction better then non-fiction
- I'm a sucker for romantic books, but not the cheesy love affair kind
- I got hooked on the recent best seller Twilight saga and am actually going to see the movie tomorrow night with my sister and a friend
- I love the author Francine Rivers and would probably read anything from her
Well that's that...and since this is my photo blog I will leave you with a sunflare shot taken about a month or two ago before the snow hit.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Any comments, suggestions, constructive criticism is appreciated. I know there are a couple pros who read my blog from time to time and I always look forward to their comments.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Three winners were chosen and great prizes given away. I, of course, did not win, but I didn't expect to either. There were some pretty incredible entries. I didn't fare too bad though as I got two compliments and my picture was favorited twice! Meaning, two people thought my picture was good enough to put on their favorite pics list. I am so inspired by all the great photographers out there and it gives me the motivation I need to keep practicing and really find my unique style, a style that best fits my tag...because capturing the poetry of life is what I like to do.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- I love the way books smell. I have to smell every book or magazine I read.
- I also like to feel book pages, my favorite is glossy paper. I like to rub the pages between my fingers.
- I have to shake the milk before I pour it on my cereal.
- I like syrup on my sausage, ham and bacon.
- Sometimes I feel like sharp things are going to poke my eyes and I have to pinch the bridge of my nose or cover my eyes with something heavy to relieve the sensation.
- I find that when I'm driving in the snow and nervous about pulling out in front of someone I lick my lips really fast.
- I always rip off the end of the toilet paper in public bathrooms before I take some for myself.
And since my husband doesn't like it when I blog without including a picture, here is a b&w conversion of Ben. I used PW's fresh and colorful then a black and white gradient map followed by PW's lovely and ethereal set around 60%.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Photograpy blogs I read
- ▼ December (5)
- ► October (12)